Whether you are new to Android or familiar with the system, you always eager to try out every available option you see on the mobile screen. There are so many options given in it but this doesn’t mean that you know all the tips and tricks and how to use them. In this post we will try to explain you the tricks that may improve your experience while using your Android device. The steps are small and easy to use so you can understand and apply them in just some moments. Either you are using old android version or the newer one these tricks are same for each system. After applying these settings you can manage your battery life, internet data, notifications, Google accounts and updates.
MUST READ :- MOST USEFUL PLAY STORE SETTINGS
- Disable Mobile Data
Mobile data is used for internet. Whenever you don’t need to stay connected just disable the Mobile Data, this can help to keep your smartphone battery for a long time. It also save your internet data if you have a limited data plan.
- Go to Settings option and then Data Usage.
- Turn off the Data Usage to disable it.
- Set Mobile Data Limit
If you have a data plan with a limited internet data for usage then you should keep track the data quota. Want to keep track of how far your usage is from your monthly mobile data limit? If your device contains ICS and above then there is a feature which lets you keep track of how much of the quota you have left.
- Open Settings, then Data Usage.
- You can Set your data limit by dragging the orange line to reflect your monthly quota.
- You can set your data usage cycle according to your connection starting date and end date.
You will get an alert once you hit the limit that you have set. The tracked data may vary a little bit up and down.
ALSO READ :- TRACK MAGAZINE APPS FOR ANDROID MOBILE AND TABLETS
- Disable App Notifications
App notification can become headache when they appear in a short time continuously. Do you know these notifications drains your battery very quickly. You should turn off them to make battery last long. But you must have android Jelly Bean 4.1 or higher.
- You can manage the notification setting for different apps. For an unwanted app notification just make a long press on the message in the notification bar box.
- Then you will see App Info. Click on it. You will be redirected to the app setting. Just Untick on Show Notifications and OK.
- Add Multiple Google Accounts
You must need a Google account to use an Android device, but do you know that you can run and manage more than one Google account on your android device at a time. This is convenient if you use more than one account for many of your Google services. How to add multiple Google accounts:
- Go to Settings and click on Add account.
- You have to select Google to setup your New or Existing Google account.
- Once added then choose what you want to sync with the account.
- Disable automatic App Updates
You should update the apps manually. This saves your internet data from updating the useless app. By default automatic app update is enabled, but you should disable it. If you wish to enable it then use the same process given below:-
- Open Play Store and click on Settings.
- Tap on Auto-update apps.
- Select Do not auto-update apps.
For manually update just open Play Store. In the main page swipe in from the left and open My apps. You will see the apps with pending updates and update them manually. To update them all at once just click on Update All.
- Check For android System updates
You must update your system regularly. If you don’t then your system becomes slower and slower. By update you can get system speed and new features.
- Go to Settings then About phone/tablet.
- Check for System updates.
- Click on Check now to look for system updates.
This will take some time to update, make sure that your internet connection is working properly.
RECOMMENDED READING :- TRANSFER FILES BETWEEN PC AND MOBILE WITHOUT CABLE