With over 600 million monthly active users over the world, most people you know are probably on WhatsApp. Whatsapp is a cross-platform messaging app, that allows users to communicate and share by Internet data or Wi-Fi without having to pay for SMS and other sharing. Everyone knows about the ability to share media, send messages, but there are some more interesting features that you might not know about, which is also more useful. Sharing your location is one of them.
By this you can send a map view of your current location to any of your contacts. It is as easy as you would send a video or a picture. This is the most popular messaging app among Smart phones. By this amazing app you can send not only chatting messages, but audio, videos, photos and location. You can record your own voice and send to the contacts.
MUST READ :- REMOVE DUPLICATE FILES FROM WHATSAPP.
When you’re out to meet your friends and want to inform them where to come, then sharing your current location is a great way to let your friends and family know where you are. You can do this either by sending the location of nearby places like coffee shops or restaurants etc. or by sharing your exact location on a map. you can quickly share your location via WhatsApp. The location will shows up as a preview in the chat, and as you tap on it, this opens a full map view.
It is a good way to communicate quickly with your current location.
- Open Whatsapp and start a new conversation or the existing chat.
- Click on the paper clip icon at the top-right corner of Whatsapp. You will see the location option there.
- As you tap on Share Location, it will display the send location screen.
- You would need to grant the app permission to use your current location service. Mostly phones, uses your phone’s GPS location
- Now the Send Location screen will show a list of nearby places, which you can select by your choice. You can search for a specific place nearby. As you share a named place, a link will be sent to your recipient(s) with additional information about the place. This data is provided by Google or Foursquare.
- You can send your current map location by clicking on Send Your Location button. This will send your location as a pin on a map.
No need to pay for such communication, because it uses your internet data, either by sim connection, or by wi-fi.