Gmail is a big email network today. It has many useful tools for sending email, but what it can do when you have sent a wrong email by mistake. This means that you have sent an email to wrong email address or you forgot to upload attachments. Now the question is that how can you stop the mistakenly sent email. In other email client you can not do this easily but Gmail is very smart email client, you can find an easy and fast way to stop the wrong email sent. It may not be too late yet. If you know the trick then Gmail can hold back delivering emails for some seconds after you have clicked on the send button.
MUST READ :- HOW TO SAVE A BACKUP OF GMAIL
After reading this trick you can “unsend” an email and recover from spelling mistakes, false recipients and maybe the forgotten attachments.
Meet Gmails undo feature which is amazing. You have to just enable it. After enabling this setting you will get 30 seconds maximum to stop the sent email after 30 seconds you can’t do that.
ALSO READ :- HOW TO MAKE YOUR GOOGLE SEARCHING SKILL BETTER
Unsend an Email with Gmail
- Click on the setting gear icon in the top-right corner of your Gmail window and then click on Settings from the dropdown menu.
- There you will see many tabs at the top like general, accounts, label, filter etc. but you have to click on labs.
- Now scroll down, you will see undo send option. By default it is disabled, you have to click on enable to activate it.
- Now click on save at the bottom of the labs tab to save the changes you have made.
- Now open the general tab and you will be able to see the undo send optioned enabled.
- In this you have to set a time for cancellation the sent email. By default it is on 10 seconds but have set it to 30 seconds. It is the maximum limit to recall the email.
- Now when you send an email the yellow dialogue box will open that displays “Your message has been sent” and will also give you the option to Undo. Click it and the email will reopen. It will remain un-sent in the composition window.
ALSO READ :- FIND THE EMAIL THAT YOU HAVE READ IN GMAIL INBOX